Monday, 8 April 2013

Artist

They refine the creativity into clear channels, they spark new designs using existing tools into something appealing and fresh. They move themselves and other people into a new place and position or colour and art. They self empower and are not discouraged by failed attemptes, yearning only to create a bold new Starry night or Mona Lisa. I studied Visual Arts in highschool scoring the highest mark in my HSC results, but this is certainly not where my point lies. Not with a brush, but with charisma. Not with colours, but with dialogue. Not with a canvas, but with people and their social interactions.



I am of course, referring to the Pickup Artist.

I understand the stigma in this, the awkward process of the "approach" the anxiety and perceived shallowness of the whole excercise. But this ideal has excelled me into new height I previously thought were unimaginable.

The process remains with you in your ability to meet new people, new employers, new constituents and the limitless other random strangers in your academic, work or social life. People who once intimidate your very spine are on the same level as you. The same wavelength, the same ability to talk and hold conversation. As you approach the CEO of a company extend your hand and speak in a clear voice "Thank you so much for helping to organise this event. I find it truly informative for the tertiary audience in understanding their responsibilities" lies in the same field as approaching a pretty girl to speak "Hey I noticed you around the corner, I thought you looked really pleasant. I dont like having regrets, so I just wanted to say hi". The impacts are clear, far-reaching and exceptional in their simplicity. All you have to do, is go out and dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment